RSS

[Bxscience Key Club] #elimin8 #candy8) #hall0w33n

Hello!


The final days are approaching until Halloween which means thinking of and finalizing our costume and festivities! Since there won't be a meeting before Halloween, this email is going to be a bit long and dedicated to the Eliminate Project.

Of course I'm super excited for the kit kats and twix but I'm more excited about spreading The Eliminate Project message to adults, friends and teachers. Please put all of your passion into raising at least $10 per box but anything is something!. I want us to beat New Jersey and Florida and be the biggest donor to the project. 


OR you can just check out the eliminate project website for yourself! The boxes will be due after Halloween and yes, you can still hand in your dues (just do it RIGHT AWAY)

I know it will be a struggle to knock on doors and not only ask for candy but for a donation. Last year, I went to around 10 houses and I got donations from every single one of them. I raised over $10 in less than an hour. I didn't wear a costume but I explained what the project was. I looked for decorated houses because I knew the homeowners would be in a jolly spirit and would be more willing to donate. Here was my pitch line: Hi! Would you like to help eliminate tetanus in foreign countries? It is a horrible but highly curable disease. I then stuck out my box with a big smile and a watery eyes and the donor looked at it and determined its legitimacy, and fetched his/her wallet. Then I thanked the person a gazillion times and smiled a super huge smile like :D and grabbed candy if he/she was still offering (though I don't think I got a lot of candy), tried not to trip down the stairs, and went on to another house. **Make sure you know some facts! Like a baby dies every 9 minutes from mnt. $1.80 can save a mother and her future children. 

The next meeting will be in the Auditorium. Please bring any candy that you do not wish to eat. We are going to participate in a Halloween Candy Buy Back program in which uneaten candy is given to a dentist who sends the candy to Operation Gratitude or other operations for soldiers overseas to enjoy! :)

Best of luck <3 Thank you for helping eliminate mnt. Even if you dont get any donations, you will do a great job by spreading the message. Stay safe on Sunday and Monday!

Amanda Tam
--
Yours in Caring and Service

The Bronx Science Key Club Board 2012-2013:
Amanda Tam '13, President
Jaehwi Kwon '13, Vice President
Lawrence Chen '13, Secretary
Roman Mondal '13, Treasurer
Jessica Chan '13, Editor
 
bxscikeyclub.weebly.com

--
Bronx Science Key Club Board 2012-2013:
Amanda Tam '13, President
Jaehwi Kwon '13, Vice President
Lawrence Chen '13, Secretary
Roman Mondal '12, Treasurer
Jessica Chan '13, Editor
 
bxscikeyclub.weebly.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bronx Science Key Club" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bxsciencekeyclub+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
 
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment