RSS

[Bxscience Key Club] Key Club - KONY 2012

Hello everyone,

During this Key Club meeting, we will be screening the Kony 2012 video from the suggestions of many Key Clubbers. I know many of you have heard of it through all the hype created by the video on Facebook.

I hope to hold our Movie Fundraiser idea (which we brainstormed at a recent club meeting) for this screening. That is why I am asking for each person to donate something to watch. The money we raise will be donated to Invisible Children, which is holding this movement to capture Kony. I am not setting a requirement because I do not want to force you do anything but please donate if you support Kony's arrest. Whether that is a few coins leftover from lunch or even a $20 bill. You can donate after the video if you do not know what this is about. I want you to donate only if you agree with the ideas.

After we watch the video, I would like us to have a discussion. This video really displays how the youth can unite to make a difference. I want us to talk how we, the youth, can make a difference. What can we do?

At the next meeting, we will be putting our ideas into action, whether that is to call policy makers or write letters.

I also want Key Clubbers who have already heard of Kony to speak about their thoughts before and after the video. I want you to help lead the discussion. I strongly believe that Key Club creates leaders and this is a chance for you to exercise your voice. How will you help Kony be captured?

So who is Kony? Come to the meeting and you will see.

- Victoria Li

P.S. If you painted a pottery at the fundraiser, come to the meeting and pick it up.

P.S. If you are attending LTC, remember to bring in your permission forms!!!!!!


--
Bronx Science Key Club Board 2011-2012:
Victoria Li '12, President
Jaehwi Kwon '13, Vice President
Jessica Chan '13, Secretary
Michelle Soto '12, Treasurer
Naurin Shaki '13, Editor
 
bxscikeyclub.weebly.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment